The goal of the Automotive Service Technology program at Brighton High School is to provide a sequence of professional training courses that empower young adults to establish both soft skills and hard skills in not only the automotive industry, but all occupations. It is the primary goal and responsibility of the instructor to ensure that all graduating students have established a pathway for post-secondary training, education, or apprenticeship.
- Any student can enroll in Consumer Auto Maintenance
- Students pursuing Automotive Technology need to seek Mr. Roberts' approval (pending B average in Consumer Auto Maintenance and satisfactory attendance)
- Students seeking career opportunities can look forward to 87.5% placement rate or higher as a completer of the BHS Automotive Technology program.
Level of Automotive training Offered
- Students will engage in the NATEF Maintenance and Light Repair Program
Cost of tuition and fees
- Students will not be subject to tuition or fees, but will apply a signature to the course' syllabus holding individuals accountable for damage to tools or equipment due to neglect or abuse.
Mr. Roberts' technical qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Education- Central Michigan University 3.7 GPA
- Master's Degree in Career & Technical Education- Wayne State University 4.0 GPA
- ASE Certified in Electricity/Electrical Systems, Brake Systems, Steering & Suspension, and Auto. Maintenance & Light Repair.
Overall Goals of the program
The Brighton High School Automotive Technology program exists to serve students in a variety of capacities. The foremost goal of the program is to provide college and career counseling to guarantee that every student graduates from Brighton High School with a structured plan in place for post-secondary education, apprenticeship, pursuit of meaningful employment, and being a contributing member of society. The education provided through the program will provide students with the background to:
- Benefit from College Articulation Agreements to Pursue College Education in Automotive Service Technology
- Service and Maintain Personal Vehicles
- Pursue Employment as a Certified Technician
- Enroll in Engineering or Industrial Technology Degree Programs at the University Undergraduate Level