Career Exploration Project
Click on the button below for the Career Exploration Project:
2015/2016 BHS Automotive Department Goal- Cover Letter/Resume Initiative
'BHS CTE: Education for Prosperity'
In September of 2013, the Brighton High School Automotive Department officially declared the Cover Letter/Resume Initiative a goal for every school year and for the 2015/2016 academic calendar year. It is the goal of all BHS CTE instructors to not only provide competent, technical career training, but to also equip students with the tools for procuring high quality employment. Below, students will find instructions for building their cover letter and resume:
Cover Letter and Resume Instructions
- All students will email their cover letter and resumes in a '.doc' format. If using Pages, students have the option to 'Save as Word Document' when saving their work; it is suggested that this be performed.
- Please download the following file for a detailed outline of how to write a cover letter and resume; please see your CTE instructor for more information:
- Please email your completed cover letter and resume in a single file as opposed to two separate files. If necessary, 2 separate files can be emailed.
- Please email your cover letter/resume to Mr. Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please include your name and email address in the body of your email.
- Please expect 3-4 school days for feedback.
- Your final grade will be posted to the Gradebook. Due Date will be posted by the instructor and completed work can be emailed any time prior to that. The cover letter is worth 200 points and the resume is worth 200 points; total point value is 400 points.