Automotive Technology II
Course Content Goals:
- Prepare all students for career readiness.
- Facilitate the academic skills necessary for college success.
- Exercise community service and citizenship by partnering with: Livingston County United Way
- Provide an industry experience with customer vehicle service and a business atmosphere.
- Administer NATEF Maintenance and Light Repair Training.
- Administer specialized training with top tier technology.
- Provide students access to industry standard tools and equipment.
For the 2015/2016 academic calendar, we are instructing:
NATEF Maintenance and Light Repair.
The Automotive Technology students can earn credit in NATEF Maintenance and Light Repair.
Students: Click on the below link to download our BHS Repair Order.
Automotive Technology students have an opportunity each year to compete in the SkillsUSA Automotive Service Technology Competitions to win regional, state, and even national accolades which are associated with thousands of dollars in post-secondary scholarships.
Automotive Technology students are each given an opportunity to represent Brighton High School at the MITES (Michigan Industrial and Technology Education Society) Automotive Service Technology competition. Success in this competition can result in scholarships and prizes.
Ford AAA Auto Skills
Automotive Technology students take a qualifying exam each school year for an opportunity to represent Brighton High School at the state Ford AAA Student Auto Skills competition, which also can yield thousands of dollars in scholarship money and integral career opportunities and networking.